Welcome to Driveways & Sidewalks Guide
Homemade Deicer For Concrete Driveways Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Creating an Oasisfrom:
Your home is likely your most important investment and it’s important to maintain the beauty and functionality. Spending time at home is a luxury and as you pull into your driveway, it’s nice to see the welcoming landscape that awaits you. Whether you have a small yard or a massive lawn, your home is the most important place for you.
Making your home inviting, welcoming, and tranquil is a part of most everyone’s desire. A home that has curb appeal and offers lots of warmth and hospitality is important to most all of us.
That’s why it’s so important to take advantage of the features of your home to optimize them and have display your creativity. And sidewalks and driveways are a good place to start!
There are so many ways to enhance and improve the visual appearance of your sidewalks and driveways. From overlaying stamped concrete to staining, or from adding a pergola to your sidewalk entrance or building a sidewalk canopy, the opportunities to enhance your outdoor entrances to your home are endless.
Concrete pavers, overlays, flagstone, and aggregate are just a few ideas when it comes to enhancing the beauty of your sidewalks. Many people refer to these areas as hardscapes. They are hard areas of your landscape that can be more visually appealing by just making a few adjustments and additions. But it doesn’t require a lot of money or hard labor to make big differences in the beauty of your hardscapes.
Consider some of these ideas to enhance your hardscapes, including your driveway and sidewalks:
1. Add a pergola or arbor to the end of your sidewalks for an inviting welcome.
2. Place two over-sized planters at the end of your driveway and update them with seasonal flowers or plant shrubbery to make them decorative and inviting.
3. Plant flowers along the sides of your sidewalk in a colorful display to welcome your guests.
4. Create a border around your driveway and fill it with small decorative pebbles. Place flower pots along the driveway where they won’t be in the way of traffic and fill them with ivy.
5. Put a trellis at the end of your driveway or alongside it and plant a trailing vine of ivy for visual interest.
6. Place a park bench mid-way between the end of your sidewalk and your door if room permits. It doesn’t take a lot of room for this. Even a short sidewalk is enhanced with a seat along the way.
7. Add a water feature at the entrance of your driveway or sidewalks. Kits can be purchased at home improvement stores and a water feature is an excellent way to create a calm, welcoming feeling to any area.
8. Hang a plant from a lamp post at the entrance to your driveway or sidewalks.
Enhancing the beauty of your hardscapes is a great way to make your home more inviting to friends and family. It just takes some creativity and imagination and you’re on your way!
Homemade Deicer For Concrete Driveways Specific links
Homemade Deicer For Concrete Driveways News