Welcome to Driveways & Sidewalks Guide
Homemade Deicer For Concrete Driveways Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Sidewalks Light the Wayfrom:
Nothing is more appealing in the darkness of the night than a streetlight, porch lamp, or other light in the distant darkness. And nothing is more welcoming or appealing than a well lighted pathway to your home. That makes sidewalks the optimal place to consider enhancing and updating the lighting features of your home.
Exterior lighting should be functional but also beautiful. Lighting the pathway to your door makes friends and family feel welcome and invited. It also increases the curb appeal of your home and can create a decorative element to your home in daylight or at night. Illuminating the sidewalk is an attractive way to enhance the beauty of your home and increase the curb appeal exuded by your landscape.
Some of the ways to use sidewalks to light the way include:
1. Install decorative lighting fixtures that are welcoming beacon to all who come. This can include lamp posts, lanterns, and stand-alone lights that sit at the opening to the sidewalk. They open the pathway and add a flare of nostalgia depending on the style you choose.
2. Use moonlighting to reflect the beauty of your sidewalk into the area. You do this by installing lights in the trees or shrubbery around the sidewalks. This allows the light to flow effortlessly across the sidewalk and has a very appealing look.
3. Install solar lights along the sidewalks and pathway. They are attractive by day and are attractive and functional when the sun goes down. These lights are energy efficient and utilize the sun’s rays to emit light at night. They come in a variety of styles and can be planted alongside the sidewalk to light the path.
4. Since many sidewalks may have steps or other elevations for navigation, lights make more sense from a safety perspective. But they also are beautiful additions to the landscape. Try an outdoor lighting fixture firmly planted in the ground where steps or other elevations change – alerting people to the change.
5. Sidewalks are often lined with flower beds and shrubbery. If this is the case with your sidewalks, consider putting small outdoor lights in the shrubbery and flower beds where they will present a glow along the pathway. Tuck them subtly behind the plants to make them almost invisible, yet giving a glow.
Sidewalks are a beautiful feature of any home. No matter if your sidewalk is a simple concrete walkway or an elaborate stone structure, illumination can enhance its beauty and its safety. Adding lights to your sidewalk and other outdoor features is an economical undertaking and you can definitely do-it-yourself with this project! Many options require no special wiring or other electrical work.
Use your creativity to improve the visual appearance of your sidewalks and entryways to your home by optimizing the use of new lighting features. Let your sidewalks light the way to your home.
Homemade Deicer For Concrete Driveways Specific links
Homemade Deicer For Concrete Driveways News