Welcome to Driveways & Sidewalks Guide
Snow Blowers For Use On Gravel Driveways Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
8 Driveway Paving Tipsfrom:
If you’re considering paving your driveway, you may find the task challenging and even daunting. How do you know where to start and what to do first? That’s a question that many homeowners have asked. They are not ready to call in an expensive driveway professional until they have a better understanding of what to expect.
The following tips and ideas will give you a good background on what to expect when it comes to paving your driveway. These are simply pointers to get your thinking and to help you know what to ask when it’s time to contract with a professional. Doing your homework and research ahead of time can save you lots of hours of worry and maybe lots of money. When you know what to expect, you are better prepared for what’s to come.
Tips and considerations for driveway paving:
1. A single car driveway should be at least 10 feet wide to enable you to comfortably and safely drive your car or park on the driveway surface.
2. A recommendation of 12 feet is a better option since it allows some additional space for entering and exiting your car and ensures that you’re not driving on the grass.
3. If you drive an SUV, have a boat, or trailer, or some other over-sized vehicle, take this into consideration when determining the size for your driveway.
4. Don’t compromise on size. You may save some money today but your driveway will not be practical or functional and you’ll end up spending more later to correct this mistake.
5. To comfortably park an average truck or car in a driveway, you need to have about 20 feet in length. But remember to consider any oversized vehicles, trailers, or other things that will be parked in the driveway.
6. Consider any neighborhood or other restrictions on driveway size. Some neighborhoods, cities, or counties may require a buffer zone between the street and your driveway. For example, they may require that you have 10-12 feet of space between where you park your car and the street.
7. Don’t allow your parked vehicles to overlap streets or sidewalks, even in the absence of neighborhood restrictions or county/city ordinances. This is unsafe and unsightly.
8. If you’re considering a double driveway, then consider a driveway width of 20-24 feet. Anything smaller is not practical. You’re better to go with a single driveway if you don’t have this much room. That’s not to say it’s not possible to have a double driveway less than 20 feet, but it is not recommended for obvious reasons.
The only other consideration is to make sure that your driveway has an unencumbered entrance and exit. It is probable that you already have a driveway in place that is not paved. But if this new home construction with a new driveway, make sure the entryway is clear of trees and other things that can hinder your sight of passing vehicles or pedestrians.
Once you are equipped with this basic information, you’re ready to get started and make decisions about your new driveway.
Snow Blowers For Use On Gravel Driveways Specific links
Snow Blowers For Use On Gravel Driveways News